A Review From 'The Fault In Our Stars' - ''Our Always Will Be Our Okay''
I had just finished my three week read when i stumbled upon John Green's book 'The Fault In Our Stars'. I took some time off before i opened up the book,soon before i knew it...i got hooked. Page after page,chapter by chapter i felt like the words and the whole experience were unfolding right before me literally.
I recently watched a movie of the same(The Fault In Our Stars) and oh boy it is a tear jerking scene,i couldn't help the free flow of
tears all through. Every time i say 'okay' i cannot help but choke and rethink.
The Fault In Our Stars explores the funny,thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love. The twist of sadness to laughter and love is brought out in a very unique way through out the whole read.
It is of two teenagers with cancer who fall in love and defy the odds of self pity and the oblivion of life. In case you have not come across the book by John Green, here are some of the quotes that will cross my mind for a looong time in future:
- My thoughts are stars i can't fathom into constellations...
- ...it is not the nature of stars to cross,and never was Shakespeare more wrong than when he had Cassius note, 'The Fault,dear Brutus is not in our stars/But in ourselves.'
- I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up,my friend.
- Sometimes people don't understand the promises they are making when they make them,'
- ...'Right of course.But you keep the promise anyway.That's what love is.Love is keeping the promise anyway.'
- You gave me a forever within the numbered days,and i am grateful.
- It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.
- I'm in love with you,and i know that love is just a shout into the void,and that oblivion is inevitable,and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labour has been returned to dust, and i know the sun will swallow the earth we'll ever have,and i am in love with you.
- I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly,and then all at once.
Throughout the read i couldn't help but feel that life is precious and the future will always remain an enigma. Live the moment,cherish the time spent with the people we love because as the book says ''some infinities are bigger than other infinities.'' There come a time in life when we dream big and desire to soar high than the eagles...but there is also time to be happy and content with enough. We must applaud and appreciate ourselves for the hurdles that we have faced and the fact that we are still standing strong.It is funny when we focus on the negatives and forget how firm they makes us when we overcome them.
What's your story?
No,Your real story?
They say Go big or Go home...i will add that some risks in life are worth the sacrifice. The way i see it,failure is a step up to success. We may fall but that is not the end. We should crawl,limp then run to the prize. Go big or Go home!! Stop demanding for answers; start living and acting in the questions of the what ifs.
Everyday is a gift,even with the inevitable oblivion of life embrace each moment with laughter,love and confidence. Grab yourself a copy or have a look at the movie and share your story...the way you see it.
Lots of love and hugs from me